Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally?











Is fall finally here? Could it be true?? I feel like it's too much to hope for so soon, and yet I find the cooler air most intoxicating. I love it. Apparently all of Tucson does as well, because everyone is outside. I saw about a bazillion bicyclists outside today on my way to work, as well as many others walking or running.

I also LOVED the rain we got yesterday. You know you live in a desert though when all anyone can talk about is "Did you see all that rain yesterday??? It poured! Did you get any of that rain?" And people stand and simply watch the rain, thunder and lightening. I'm not complaining though, I love it, and I will unashamedly admit that I am a desert rat now.

Anyways, I made a few pairs of earrings and a ring between yesterday and today! So I am here to post the results. The black and white earrings are to match the long necklace I made this week. I also made some "chandelier" earrings of a sort, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Pictures don't really do them justice, though. They're very shiny! I love the chain.I also made some wire wrapped earrings with a single pearl, just for a simple pair of earrings.

And finally, I tried my hand at a ring! I wanted to make a cocktail/statement ring, so I decided to make my own version of a "bird's nest" ring. I wrapped some wire, added the three pearls, and, viola! My first ring. I am also very happy with how this turned out as well, for my first ring!

1 comment: