Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...










Ok, maybe it doesn't REALLY look a LOT like Christmas, but, it is getting closer, and we are finally seeing the "cooler" temperatures stay around for a few more hours. And, again, I am forever an addict to Christmas.

In light of this, I decided I wanted to get a head start on my Christmas card making! Enjoy my festive creations that are decked with holly, sprinkled with sweet sugar, and topped with a star. Well, maybe not all that, but check it out anyway!

So, last night, I spent about two hours researching something that has absolutely fascinated me now. It's the art of letter-pressing. I would LOVE to one day have my own letterpress and create all kinds of different cards. It seems like such a beautiful way to print...so much time and care goes into the process.

Again, I long for people to fall in love with the printed word! Or a written letter, or anything...no kind of technology can replace the feeling you get from a physical card or letter. That's the kind of thing you hold onto forever.

Well, ta-ta for now! Enjoy my early Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment