Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Curious Day









Well, not that I'm not curious all the time anyways. But today, the idea of doing what you love struck me. I often wonder what people would do for a living if money and education wasn't a factor. When you ask kids in elementary school, they always shoot for the stars. You often hear answers like a nurse, veterinarian, ballerina, singer, a princess, etc, from little girls. From boys you hear a race car driver, an astronaut, the president and the like.

What happens to that dreaming and hopefulness? You're often asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" But what does growing up actually mean? Does it mean you have to let go of your dreams in exchange for money or status? I don't think it should. I imagine the world would be full of happier people if we all sought and worked hard for our true dreams that God has set in our hearts. Just something I've been thinking about today.

So, what would you do, what job would you have out of everything in the world, if money or education was no object?

Mine would be to have my own studio and just create. It makes my heart come alive.

Anyways, enough with the heaviness! :) Here are today's cards. One thank you note, and another sort of wedding invitation experiment. Again, worked with the ribbon, which was fun! I need to get a different color other than black, but it worked really well for the wedding invitation.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment