Saturday, September 18, 2010

The End Result








Well, what a beautiful Saturday it has been. Well, the 100+ degrees isn't quite so fun as we near October. But, it was nice just the same. I made one more trip to Michael's today, but not alone! I found that Sarah can stand me walking through aisles, and we helped each other pick out things for our projects. Quite fun!

Anyways, we were also at Kohls, and I saw a flower hair clip thing (that's what I'm dubbing it, I don't know what you technically call those things...a flower hair piece I suppose). Well, I really liked it, but got the idea, hey, why don't I try to make it instead! So, I bought a silk flower from Michael's and I'm going to make my own version of it soon.

But for today, I made a matching bracelet for the necklace and earrings I made yesterday! I'm really happy with how it turned out, I adore all the chunky, multi-strand pieces that are out these days, so I made my own. Plus the addition of ribbon, which I also love on necklaces and any jewelry really.

Since I added ribbon (as well as a lobster claw clasp) to close the bracelet, this piece can also be worn as a necklace! A short, choker style necklace. Here are a few pictures to capture my lovely jewelry making experiment this weekend.

Have a fabulous Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment